The Clear Cut Scholarship
At The Clear Cut, we challenge the status quo, from changing how people buy engagement rings to championing greater gender and racial equity. Education, transparency, and community are integral pillars at The Clear Cut and we are leveraging these principles to help redefine the diamond industry for women.
The Clear Cut Scholarship Fund is our commitment to help empower a new generation of women to follow their dreams. Olivia Landau, Founder & CEO of The Clear Cut, credits her GIA education for providing the building blocks of her career in jewelry. Beyond the foundational skills developed at GIA, she discovered her lifelong passion for diamonds and gemstones.
The Clear Cut Scholarship Fund is an opportunity for a BIPOC woman who has demonstrated a desire to pursue a career in the jewelry industry. The scholarship sponsors her tuition for The Graduate Diamonds Program at GIA, covering both the e-learning and printed course material.
After receiving her GIA diploma, the most prestigious credential in the industry, she will be granted a 6-month paid internship at The Clear Cut. Upon internship completion, there will be an opportunity for her to join the gemology team as a full-time hire and will be matched with a mentor.
As a female-founded company we recognize the need for change in the jewelry industry and it is our responsibility to lead whenever we can.
- Must have completed an undergraduate degree at an accredited university.
- Must identify as a woman and a member of the BIPOC community.
- Plan to enroll in the GIA Graduate Diamonds Program, see program details here.
- Send the application to email@example.com in pdf format by August 1st 2024
- Give an example where you’ve exemplified The Clear Cut’s pillars of education, transparency, or community. (maximum of 300 words)
- How will the GIA Graduate Diamonds Program help you achieve your post-GIA career goals? (maximum of 300 words)
- Optional/Additional Information: is there anything else you would like to share regarding your background or career interests? (maximum 300 words)
Other ways to spark change
You can support The Clear Cut Scholarship Fund, running through the month of July, by purchasing our Spark Pendant! With each purchase of the Spark Pendant, we are donating 50% of proceeds to The Clear Cut Scholarship Fund. Donations will also be accepted at checkout on all other collection items.
Shop the Spark Collection here: