Toi et Moi Ring Style
Welcome to The Clear Cut Classroom where we take deep dives into all things diamonds (and jewelry)! This week we're talking Toi et Moi. This ring style has become super popular and we understand why! Who wouldn't love two stones instead of one?
Watch the full video below:
Today, we're talking about one of the hottest trends in engagement rings right now: Toi et Moi rings. Toi et Moi means "you and I" in French, and the ring represents two stones in one ring. They've been around for hundreds of years, but there's been a huge resurgence in popularity since Emily Ratajkowski got engaged with a pear-shaped and princess cut Toi et Moi ring.
People love this style because of the sentimental meaning of you and I, which encompasses the special partnership that forms during an engagement. Also, who says two stones aren't better than one?
If you're interested in a Toi et Moi style ring for your engagement ring but don't know how to go about it, there really are no rules. You can pair any two shapes and/or types of stones in any positioning you want. We've seen two diamonds placed with some negative space in the center or perfectly up against each other. At the Clear Cut, we've done two diamonds of different shapes and the same shape, as well as a diamond and gemstone combination!
Some tips and tricks for Toi et Moi rings:
- Make sure they match in quality - especially in color quality
- If you're looking for different shapes, figure out the size proportions you want and also what shapes compliment each other
- Pear shapes are one of the go-to's for Toi et Moi styles - people love setting them a bit tilted, and their rounded bottom complements many shapes like rounds, old europeans, cushion cuts, heart shapes, and so much more!
- Our fav shape pairings - pear shape and round, oval and cushion cut, marquise and pear shape
- My favorite gemstones to pair with diamonds are emeralds (like Jackie O's ring), sapphires, and rubies.
Another great use of a Toi et Moi ring is combining an heirloom diamond with a new diamond to create a brand new piece without losing that sentimental touch. This style is great because there are so many combinations and each ring is truly unique. I think this style is going to stand the test of time.
Let me know what your favorite Toi et Moi pairing is in the comments below!
Ready to start designing your dream engagement ring with us? Book a call here
Want to bling it on this season? Shop our curated collection made in NYC with natural diamonds here